Insurance certainly isn’t the most exciting topic on your agenda, though is a necessity and it’s crucial you get it right.
Why do I need salon insurance?
Salon insurance is designed to protect your business from a wide range of potential risks and liabilities that you may face as a salon owner.
As a salon owner, you have a legal duty of care to provide a safe environment for your clients and employees. However, accidents can still happen, and you could be held liable for any injury, illness or property damage that occurs on your premises.
How will salon insurance protect my business?
You will be covered from common salon claims such as:
– Slip and fall injuries: Slip and fall injuries are a common type of claim in the salon industry, as clients may slip on wet floors or trip over equipment. Public liability insurance can help cover the costs of medical bills, legal fees, and other expenses if a client is injured on your premises.
– Property damage: If you or one of your employees accidentally damages a client’s property, such as by spilling chemicals on their clothing or damaging their personal belongings, you may be held liable for the damages. Public liability insurance can help cover the costs of repairs or replacements.
– Theft: Salon equipment and supplies can be expensive to replace, and theft can be a significant financial loss for your business. Property insurance can help cover the costs of stolen items, and it may also provide coverage for forced entry and vandalism.
– Fire damage: Fires can cause extensive damage to your salon’s physical assets, such as equipment, fixtures, and supplies. Property insurance can help cover the costs of repairs or replacements if your salon is damaged due to fire or other covered event.
– Employee injuries: If one of your employees is injured while working in your salon, employers’ liability insurance can help cover the costs of medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
– Professional liability claims: If a client is unhappy with the results of a service, or if they experience an adverse reaction to a treatment, they may file a professional liability claim against your business. Professional liability insurance can help cover the costs of legal fees and settlements or judgments, as well as any damages awarded to the client.
What salon insurance is right for me?
The type of insurance that is right for you will depend on a variety of factors, including the size of your salon, the services you offer, the number of employees you have, and the specific risks and liabilities that your business faces.
At Sentio, our policies are written on a bespoke basis ensuring that the cover we provide is aligned to the risk profile of your salon rather than an off the peg solution. We have a wealth of experience within the sector, and we take the time to listen to your requirements and to explain the insurance solutions available to you.
We also strive to tackle key industry issues such as patch testing, qualifications/juniors and rent-a-chair stylists click here to find out more